Originally founded in 1998 as The Clothing Outlet, its name was changed to Zia Clothing Outlet by its second owner, who named it for her late aunt whose dream was to open a women’s boutique (Zia means aunt in Italian!!).
Zia has maintained the integrity of exceptional value with distinct style and personal attention since its move to Cushing Square in 2004. The concept of true discount shopping in an intimate boutique atmosphere has taken off and has been growing ever since….one new customer at a time!
Included in its eclectic mix of boutique brands of clothing are hand-made accessories by local artists. Zia Clothing Outlet supports health and social causes by donating portions of special day’s events to such organizations as:
Relay for Life
The Julie Fund
American Cancer Society
Zia’s monthly wine and cheese parties are often themed to showcase local artists, designers or authors, and some events have drawn crowds for events such as tarot card readings, art openings, clothing swaps, fashion shows and wine tastings…..always something new!
Karen, Zia’s current owner, is a local gal, graduating from Arlington High School and Merrrimack College, and spent a number of years in the hospitality industry in convention sales and catering.
Karen became a loyal customer of Zia Clothing Outlet when a friend suggested she check out this “sample store”….and she was hooked from the first visit. Karen was sad to receive notice from Zia’s owner that she was liquidating the store. Karen “ran in for the sale merchandise….and left buying the whole store….literally!!”
We’re proud of our accomplishments and affiliations:
- 2014 - Neiman Marcus letter of thanks for support of Bobbi Brown Make-Up Artists
- 2012 Reader's Choice Awards Bronze and Honorable Mention for Women's Clothing in Belmont
- ZCO to host Embrace a Family fundraising effort to help families of cancer patients in Natick, Mass
- Read all about ZCO in the Belmont Patch!
- Read Boston Globe Article: Where to Get a Deal on Women's Clothing
- 2010 Regional Gold - Reader's Choice Awards for Women's Clothing Store
- 2010 Reader's 2009 Reader's Choice Awards for Women's Clothing Store in Belmont, MA
- 2010 Talk of the Town Award!
- 2009 Choice Awards for Women's Clothing Store in Belmont, MA
- Watch Channel 5's Chronicle HD featuring Zia Clothing Outlet!!
- Read all about Karen's Interview with BostonMamas.com
- Nominated as BEST Boutique @ BostonFashion.com
- Nominated for the Boston Globe’s Fashion Plate Award
- Honorable Mention of the People’s Choice Award in Women’s Clothing Store category for several years.
- Nominated for the Best Women’s Boutique in the WBZ – TV A-List.
- Watertown / Belmont Chamber of Commerce
- Downtown Women’s Club
- The Cambridge Who’s Who Honored Registry